Welcome to Destination U!’s beginner 5k program
5k, or 5 kilometers, equals 3.1 miles. That is a big distance, and may even seem impossible to some of you. The best advice I can give you is to not worry so much about where you want to be, just focus on where you are right now – Oh! and join Destination U! It’s the best place to start!
Our 12-Week Destination U! Fall Semester begins the week of August 5th, 2018.
Target Race: TMC Get Moving Tucson 5k, October 28, 2018
Our 12-week program is designed to help YOU safely reach a higher level of fitness through gentle walk-run intervals at YOUR own speed. No other program offers such a comprehensive and supportive atmosphere where your success is our mission.
Participants can take advantage of clinics on proper running form, safety on the road, and more. In addition, we invite local area fitness instructors, gyms, studios, and other fitness professionals, as well as amazing athletes, to share their passion, tips and tricks, and to tell us all about their business.
The 5k program is now offered in three convenient locations to make it even easier for you.
And your first semester is absolutely FREE! Additional 5k semesters are only $30
If you would like to join Destination U!, find us on Facebook, come to The Running Shop – our #1 sponsor – and ask for a registration form, or just show up at your preferred location. The exact meeting spots and special events will be announced on the Facebook page.
Tucson-Area Race Schedule 2018
- Jan 14: La Primera Sun Run 5k/10k
- Mar 4: Spring Cross-Country Classic 5k
- Mar 17: 9th annual “Green Isle” and Running with the Irish 5k
- Mar 25: Dave’s Run for ALS
- Apr 28: Nut Run 5k
- May 6: Dr. Gann’s Diet of Hope Cinco de Mayo 5k/10k
- May 13: Tucson 5000
- June 2: DU Target Race: TMC Meet Me Downtown Friday Night Festival of Miles and Saturday Night 5k
- June 16: Dash for Dad 5k
- July 4: 10th Annual Fourth of July 5k Freedom Run/Walk
- July 28: Breeze in the Trees 5k
- Aug 18: The 11th Annual Collossal Cave 5k Road Race
- Sep 16: TMC Tucson 10k and 5k
- Oct 28: DU Target Race: TMC Get Moving Tucson